Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long...

He sure did today. I got Max off to the school bus at 615, sat on my couch for a moment to "rest my eyes," and woke up at 830 with my Psychology class half over. I hate the way falling threw that little wrinkle in time feels. Stupid shocking moments of clarity, getting in the way of my blurry reality. The whole day feels off, like really off, like that Flannery O'Conner story, Wise Blood, off. So I threw a Ministry song on  that has some quotes from that film to get me pumped up, and drove at breakneck speed down Kingshighway through the piles of hair weaves and traffic. "No man with a good car needs to be justified," just like Hazel Motes says. I got to my Bastille in time to turn in my Comp 2 paper, and learn about War World One, at least. Not sure how much edu-macaction really sunk in. Something about Modius research, something about German U-boats, some hot air from the red headed chatty patty who is in dire need of a soccer ball sized cork shoved in her yammerin' sass-hole. At least, it got over with pretty quick, but it certainly sets a tone for the rest of your day. Reminds me of another quote from Wise Blood. "Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to, weren't never there, and where you are, ain't no good unless you can get away from it!"
Man, Flannery O'Conner was such a stupendous bad ass, and really, so are Ministry. Jesus Built My HotRod must be one of the most romantic songs ever penned. 

2 comments:

  1. What you need is a little flash like you got from the guy in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should write a book or many books with this same tone, voice, style, perspective, experience, etc... it is excellent in how it captures the many facets of our human experience.

    ReplyDelete