Friday, December 17, 2010

Sarah Rodhouse - who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." Red

So if it wasn't for the sub-arctic weather, I would have stood out in the parking lot of my Colditz community college, and let the rain wash away all the Freshman year that was worth scrubbing off, all Shawshank Redemption/Tim Robbins like. Instead, I was in the parking lot dealing with the young 18 year old who hit my car right before my psych final. Yay. That has no effect on your test prep psyche. Good thing the exam primarily covered mental illness, as this first year of college really seem to surround me with quite a bit of it, and probably contributed to my own. We're all crazy, just some of us get caught, I guess.
I guess this is my last post for this semester. Gonna head out for a crazy California Christmas, and come back with a new blog for my sophomoric sophomore year. Thanks for reading my shenanigans. I can't wait to see what rolls around the corner, next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment