Thursday, December 9, 2010

They're serving fish in the jailhouse tonight

"Peoria Johnson told Dudlow Joe/I can break out of any old jail you know/The bars are iron, the walls are stone/All I need me is an old fish bone/...I'm gonna fashion me/ a fishbone skeleton key/Tell Skullion Childs/I won't be late/You can bet your freedom/I'm gonna clean my plate/" ~Tom Waits

     Nothing like a community college/prison breakout to make you feel right with the world. I should have worn an eyepatch to the pokey today as I feel a little like Snake Plissken from Escape From New York. Maybe even a little Stevie McQueenie from Papillon. Just that whole "Me they can kill, you they own!" mentality. (God, I love that movie!) As this was my last day of being lectured... in class... for this semester, at least... I hope. Not quite ready for the full on Shawshank Redemption from the final exam hazing, but I'll be crawling through that sewer tube next week. Honestly, could Tim Robbins really not find an air vent in that whole entire prison in that flick?! Seriously, ga-ross.
     I'm almost sad to go, especially since I heard Wesley Snipes would be joinin' the yard soon. Not necessarily my yard, but an institutional one, all the same. Hope he still has that girlie wiggle
from that Julie Newmar movie he was in. He may need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment